Friday, October 19, 2012

I grew up in Minnesota in the 1960s and 1970s.

I went to my Grandparent's in White Bear Lake, Minnesota every summer.

Many lakes are in and around White Bear Lake.

My Grandparents lived on, one the smaller ones,  Birch Lake.

We would often drive around the towns namesake on errands with Grandma.

It sparkling waters seemingly calling me to join the countless others having fun on her waters.

So I was sad to read in the article on the link below about White Bear Lake's water loss.

Please read the article. Make your own judgement as to why the lake is growing smaller.

 
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/updraft/archive/2012/10/minnesota_land_of_9999_shrinki.shtml

No matter what the reason, man is to blame.




No comments:

Post a Comment